Friday, May 29, 2009

Rest Your Feathers

Well, the cat's out of the bag! Here is the second pattern. A little wall hanging to warm your home this spring.


Below is my original version, in the colorway that best suits my style. Have I told you how ever since I started really moving on this pattern publication thing and working at Just Sew that I have had many restless nights dreaming about fabric? It's kind of frustrating really, but I won't ever forget the night that I dreamed about this pattern. I had made it using the blue and peach Fig Tree fabrics featured below and then one night I could not get the "Sweet" line of fabric out of my mind! "Sweet" has this one print with the blue birds (background fabric above) that I knew just had to be used for this wall hanging. So, the next day I bought the materials for round two, made a few adjustments to the pattern and got the revised version above.

I still love those Fig Tree fabrics, but what do you think? I would really love to know.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm excited to be the first one to post on your new blog. LOVE the name, LOVE the patterns, LOVE the fabric, LOVE the story about your grandma. It's perfect. Did you know she's teaching a regular quilting class in my ward? Anyway, just wanted to say WAY TO GO - I'm excited for your new business adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices in fabric! I actually like both and think you were smart to show it in two totally different options. VERY CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out great! I agree--a good thing to show it in two options. I lean toward the second of the two. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so exciting. I can't wait to see your pattern all packaged up and ready for quilt shops everywhere!

    I REALLY want to make one of these! Put me on the pre-order list!

    ReplyDelete